How does Testuff integrate with Assembla?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Assembla account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Assembla for bug tracking.
If you host Assembla on an internal server, the integration is done likewise. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Assembla with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings and select the Bug Trackers menu option. The Bug trackers integration page will display. Click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Assembla from the bug trackers combo box.
- Set the Default Space. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Assembla space will be exported using this space name.
- You may click the Submit a sample defect report button to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Assembla. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click on SAVE button to register your settings.
- Note: You will be asked to enter your Assembla API Key and Key Secret. These can be found in your Assembla, under the user profile in the API applications & sessions tab.
How do I add my custom fields?
- The best and easiest way is to use the Customize bug tracker fields button and then select those you wish to add.
- For each such field you can also use the Get field values from tracker link, rather than writing them manually.
Can I associate a custom Assembla space to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Assembla space, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Assembla space set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to Settings menu option at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Projects option and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General Settings section, make sure the Tracker field is set for Assembla and fill in the Assembla Space for this Testuff project.
- Click Save button to register the new settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your Assembla.