How does Testuff integrate with Basecamp?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your Basecamp account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use Basecamp for bug tracking.
If you host Basecamp on an internal server, the integration is done likewise. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure Basecamp with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings and select the Bug Trackers menu option. The Bug trackers integration page will display. Click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose Basecamp (or Basecamp OAuth2, if on V3 and up) from the Select a bug tracker combo box.
- Fill in your Basecamp URL. It should be in the format of https://basecamp.com/Company_ID.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom Basecamp project will be exported using this project name.
- Set the Default To-Do list if you would like to send defects from Testuff to your Basecamp To-Do list, rather to a Basecamp project. Otherwise leave it empty.
- You may click the Submit a sample defect report button to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in Basecamp. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click SAVE to register the new settings.
Can I associate a custom Basecamp project to a Testuff project?
Yep. If you wish to export defects from a certain Testuff project to a certain Basecamp project, follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom Basecamp project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the Settings, select the Projects menu option and select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General Settings section within Bug tracker settings, select the Basecamp Tracker combo box option to set it for this Testuff project.
- Click the Save button to register your settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with Basecamp.