How does Testuff integrate with JIRA Service Desk?
Although Testuff is a hosted service it can automatically send every reported defect to your JIRA Service Desk account. You can run your manual tests with Testuff and continue to use JIRA Service Desk for bug tracking.
It should also work if you host JIRA Service Desk on an internal server. Our server doesn’t need to access your bug tracker server and you don’t need to change anything in your security or firewall configuration to make it work.
How do I configure JIRA Service Desk with Testuff?
- In Testuff, go to Settings > Bug Tracker and click the Add bug tracker link.
- Choose JIRA Service Desk from the bug trackers combo box.
- Fill in the JIRA Service Desk server address in the URL field. This should be the JIRA Service Desk URL, omitting any file names that may appear after the last slash.
- Set the Default Project. Defects exported from Testuff projects that do not have a custom JIRA Service Desk project will be exported using this project name.
- Set the Default Request type.
- Try the integration – click on Test connection. You’ll be prompt to enter username/password, if not yet entered *.
- You may click the Submit a sample defect report link to make sure Testuff can create bug reports in JIRA Service Desk. If all goes well the new bug report should be displayed.
- Don’t forget to click Save to save the settings.
* Jira Service Desk cloud requires a Token, rather than a password. Here’s how to get the token:
- Log in to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens
- Click Create API token
- From the dialog, enter a memorable and concise Label for your token and click Create
- Click Copy to clipboard, then paste the token in Testuff, as the password
Setting up automatic 2-way integration
Testuff supports an industry-unique option to automatically update your reported defects in Testuff, with any change made to them in your Jira Service Desk. Here’s how to set it up:
- Go to your Jira Service Desk and select: Jira Service Desk Settings->System->Webhooks.
- Create a new Webhook, using the URL in Testuff settings->Bug trackers->Jira Service Desk (under “Automatic 2-ways Integration URL”).
- Make sure to check all Issue options (created, updated, and deleted).
- You’re all set to report defects from Testuff to your Jira Service Desk account, and get back automatic updates.
* Note that only existing defects (in Testuff) will be updated upon change (in Jira Service Desk).
Can I associate a Testuff defect to a JIRA Service Desk project?
Yep. You can add the field Project to the Bug Reporter, from the Settings->Bug Tracker window, and then report each defect to a selected Jira Service Desk project, while reporting the defect. That’s just cool.
You can also set the integration as a project-to-project relation. Simply follow the instructions below. Projects that do not have a custom JIRA Service Desk project set to them will use the default one from the general settings.
- Go to the Settings->projects screen.
- Select a project by clicking on the Edit link next to it.
- Under General tab, fill in the JIRA Service Desk project for this Testuff project.
- Click Save to save the settings.
Please contact us for any help integrating Testuff with your JIRA Service Desk.